Student-directed educational experience in biology: present during finals schedule (seniors final exam schedule).
- Student proposal due today-via Google Classroom - midnight
- Student presentations (5-7 minutes) start next Wednesday- post on Google Slide presentation if using that form for supporting presentation. (10 pts- Q/E/SP). Presentation rubric will be reviewed on Friday.- (+1 pt- signing up for Wednesday).
Remember to check Campbells and Cliffs into Library-
Exploring and learning more about :
- a topic in biology that interests you but have not had time to explore/research - go down the rabbit hole with.
- a career in biology that interests you but have not had time to explore/research much.
- developing a skill related to biology (using a dichotomous key to key out plants or aquatic insects etc./scientific writing etc.)
- project-based learning experience( field study/Bio blitz-/restoration plan in Kimball Slough).
- Job shadow other than one for Senior requirement.
- Review of a biology-related book of interest to you.
Proposal due in Google Classroom
Fetal pig dissection
Use the "Dissection of the Fetal Pig Manual"- by Roger Phillips.
With your lab partner complete the Fetal Pig Dissection handout- which will help guide you through the dissection and answer the Questions at the end of each section of the dissection manual. Complete 7/10 units (system focuses- your choice).Due Monday- BOP.
Wednesday- Day 1:
- External Features
- The skeleton
- The Muscles
- Internal Anatomy
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive system
- Circulatory system- with an extension using an adult pig heart
- Overview of the heart
- Drs. Beaulieu and Garwood
Tuesday - Day 3-Final day- Packets due by Friday (70% of unit topics)
Signed up for AP Chemistry?- see Ms. Fuller (Room 123) for Summer Assignment
- Urinary system
- Reproductive system
- Nervous system
- Student-directed educational experience in biology presentations: (+1 e.c. if presented on Wednesday).
- Link to Google Slide -if used for presentation support
Tuesday (June 12)
Great supplemental resource-
Virtual Pig- Whitman Biology Dept.-